The metropolis of Santiago is South America’s sixth-largest city, with a population of six million people. The city is surrounded by the towering Andes mountains, always in view. In Santiago, you will enjoy world-class cuisine, neoclassical architecture, exotic parks, and a bustling urban environment.
Experience January in Santiago and enjoy Chile’s summer season with this intensive study abroad program.
Chile through engaging activities like film nights, urban bike tours with Santiago student ambassadors, and hikes in the Andes foothills.
with a Chilean family, the place where students learn the real language, deep values and delicious cuisine given by a “cariñosa” host family.
Santiago’s many world-class museums such as, the Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino, the Chilean National Museum of Fine Arts, or the Memory Museum.
Excursions & Activities
- Participate in overnight excursions to explore the Valparaíso region, visit Pomaire village, Pablo Neruda´s house in Isla Negra, discover the bay and Viña del Mar.
- Visit a vineyard and learn about the wine exporting business.
- Witness Santiago’ Stock Exchange in action, as well as other markets and local economies.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Santiago society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Intersession||2021||10/17/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified when a decision has been made and will be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.