Skip to content

The world is waiting for you to explore

At some point in our lives, we all dream of traveling.  Whether it be to seek out new adventures domestically or abroad, make new friendships, experience new cultures or simply gain new memories, there is something for all of us.  Here, at the University of New Haven Office of Study Abroad, we would like to help make these dreams come true and give our students the experience of a lifetime.

The University currently offers the following travel opportunities for students:


Freshmen in Tuscany

University of New Haven Campus - Prato, Italy:
The University of New Haven opened its first international satellite campus in Prato, Italy in the fall of 2012. The historic city of Prato offers University of New Haven students a semester abroad with an authentic Italian cultural experience. Prato, the second largest city in the region, is just 20 minutes from Florence and one hour from Pisa by train. All University of New Haven tuition and fees remain the same as if students were attending and living in housing on our main campus in West Haven, Connecticut - the only difference in price is the cost of airfare!


KNPU 2University of New Haven Faculty-Led Programs:
Students who are looking for a shorter length program can choose to participate in one of our faculty-led or Embedded Programs. Small groups of students will travel with their faculty and explore the culture and country through their coursework. Faculty-led programs usually occur in the Summer or Winter Intersession and are separate from the regular cost of annual tuition. Embedded courses have a classroom component and a travel component that is included in the cost of tuition for that course. These programs have a separate (E) distinction in their program names.

Third-Party Provider Programs
In addition to our own campus, the University of New Haven has agreements with third-party providers. With each provider, there are a multitude of options in terms of program model and type. Some programs allow students to enroll directly in a foreign institution while others offer study centers with coursework all in English. If you are interested in traveling through a Third-Party Provider, click on the “Programs” dropdown in the header and click on “search”. Please note that for most of our third-party providers, the process itself consists of 2 parts: 1) Applying with the provider directly 2) Completing an application using the apply now button in the program on this site to fulfill the University of New Haven requirements.

CEA Global Education:
Cliffs of MoherThe University of New Haven is the school of record for CEA Study Abroad. Students who complete courses at CEA Study Abroad Centers abroad earn University of New Haven credits, reported to their home campuses on a University of New Haven transcript. Through this partnership, students who complete courses at CEA Study Abroad Centers throughout the world earn University of New Haven credits on University of New Haven transcripts. Although students attending CEA programs will be obtaining University of New Haven credit on University of New Haven transcripts, the tuition and fees for each program differs from the normal University of New Haven tuition and fees.

To set up an appointment or discuss your interests with any of our staff members, please email or visit the Study Abroad Office located in Maxcy 109 during office hours.