Experience Rome this January. Study in Italy with an intensive English-language program designed for students at U.S. universities. The CIEE's January in Rome program explores Italian culture and society through a focus on food, nutrition, and culture. Experience a city famous for its cultural heritage, art scene, and delicious cuisine.
the Roman Forum and the Colosseum and walk in the steps of the ancient Romans
CLIMB TO THE TOP
of St. Peter’s Dome and experience a stunning view of the Eternal City.
STROLL THROUGH THE PIAZZAS
eat pizza al taglio (pizza by the slice), gelato, and enjoy a cappucino in the busy cafes.
Excursions & Activities
- Immerse yourself in the open-air museum of Rome: enjoy the wonderful sights on the Roman hills, lose and find your way in the little narrow alleys while window-shopping, explore some of the most famous monuments in the world.
- Learn how to prepare home-made pasta!
- Bike around the famous Villa Borghese park on a pedal-powered treasure hunt.
- Visit Eataly food market and restaurant to learn about the Mediterranean diet.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Rome society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Intersession||2021||10/17/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified when a decision has been made and will be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.