Come to Cape Town and witness the changes taking place in this vibrant country. Our CIEE course - From Rhodes to Mandela and from Apartheid to AIDS - offers an in-depth understanding of the complexity of a country in transition. Discover firsthand South Africa's First World infrastructure and Third World development challenges, and join our culturally diverse community. January is the perfect time of year to stroll South Africa's beautiful beaches and take hikes on the ever-present Table Mountain. During your three week term, you'll enjoy a balance of in-class and extra-curricular activities.
STUDY IN SOUTH AFRICA
a dynamic developing country
EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTY
of the summer season in the Southern Hemisphere.
into the historical and political transition from Apartheid (segregation) to a democratic South African society.
Excursions & Activities
- Robben Island Museum
- District Six Museum
- Table Mountain
- Township visit
- Walking tour of Cape Town
- Visiting the District Six Museum
- Township tour of Langa and Gugulethu
- Visiting the South African Museum
- Visiting the Slave Lodge
- Volunteering in a Township
- Some meals for students living in homestays
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to South African culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Intersession||2021||10/17/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified when a decision has been made and will be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.